Our first Groundswell movie takes a look at the League of American Bicyclists’ Equity Initiative. The multilayered conflict in the story mirrors what is going in at almost every nonprofit and advocacy organization, whether management—or the scattered members—are aware of it or not.
– Is bicycling a social justice issue? Why or why not?
– How does the history of bike advocacy affect today’s advocacy priorities?
– Why is it important to focus on more than just infrastructure?
– How do we connect and support existing movements?
– What are some of the benefits of having a more diverse movement feeling connected beyond advocacy?
This movie (and previews of the Groundswell Series) was first released on Streetsblog USA)